What is a USDA mortgage?
Other Drummond Home Mortgage Solutions:
- Conventional Mortgages: Can be used for a primary residence, second home, investment property, or construction-to-permanent loans.
- VA Mortgage: Up to 100% financing for eligible servicemembers and veterans.
- FHA: For primary residence only. Gift funds permitted for down payment. May use seller concessions up to 6% toward closing costs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the cons of a USDA Loan?
If you meet the geographical and income limits to qualify for a USDA loan, it can be a great option. However, USDA loans can only be used to purchase a primary residence. There is also a mortgage insurance cost.
What do I need to apply for a mortgage?
To start applying, we recommend you have the following information on hand:
- A separate email address for each person that will be on the loan
- Details(bank statements) about how much money is in each account you would like us to consider for your approval
- Your income and employer information
- Your social security number
- A valid drivers license
What can a USDA loan be used for?
In addition to purchasing a primary residence, USDA loans can also be used to build a home or renovate the home you already live in.
What credit score do I need for a USDA loan?
While there is no fixed credit score minimum from the USDA, 640 is generally the lowest you can go to still qualify for approval.
What is the best place to get a USDA loan from?
At Drummond Community Bank, we are proud to bring you the best possible mortgage loan terms and features such as fast loan approval, flexible loan terms, competitive rates, and a convenient online application.